Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 61

Well, I think this change I'm going to learn a lot of patience! I don't think that I have had a change where more things have happened out of the blue. Let's just say my companion and I are running every which way to give people blessings, do interviews, contact people, and teach. It has taken a toll on us! I've found myself getting quite stressed out and that's when I get mad at the little things that happen. I know that is one aspect of my life that I need to change! 

The work here has been long and difficult but I know that the Lord has a reason for why I am here and has something that he wants me to learn. I'm really excited to be able to watch General Conference this week and I know that it will help me beyond belief. I have some questions I would like to take into it and be able to receive the guidance that I need when I need it most! It really is just so nice to be able to sit down and to be able to hear the words of the living Prophet and the 12 Apostles. That is our focus right now, to be able to take people to Conference so they can see and hear for themselves the words of the Lord himself spoken through his servants here on the earth. 

It has really struck me hard to realize how little the rest of the world has or even thinks it needs to stay on the right path and be saved. I really have seen how huge of a blessing we have all received to have the fullness of the Gospel in our lives! My Companion asked me a question this week that his Seminary Teacher proposed to them a few years ago. He asked, "If new scripture were to be revealed, would we read it/accept it and strive to gain a testimony?" If the answer is yes then why aren't we doing the same with the scriptures that God has already given to us? Often times we look forward to the future and what it has to bring so much that we lose focus on what we have already been given. 

I love being able to work here in the Lords Vineyard and help the children of God to come to a knowledge of this gospel. At the start of my mission I was scared to be direct and share what I know about the Book Of Mormon as I didn't know what they would say. I now only have the desires to help everyone know what this book is and I understand the teachings that it contains! I love this Gospel and every day I am learning how to live it! It's a long road in front of me but I know that I will one day reach my true potential. I hope you all have a great week this week and I hope that you all search the words of the Prophet and the servants God has sent to lead us here on Earth. Make it a goal to not only listen but to put into practice what you learn. I love you all and hope all is well.
Con Mucho Amor, 
Elder Hunt 

No comments:

Post a Comment