Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Week 60

Well, changes have arrived, and man has this change flown by! I will be staying here in Riobamba for at least another change and I'll have the pleasure to spend it with Elder Lopez! I'm super excited for this change and I know that we are going to get a lot done and help the people that our Father in Heaven has led us to. 

This last week was quite the crazy one but it turned out being a pretty good week. On Thursday we had to go to Quito for a Medical Appointment. I had to see what is going on with my kidneys. I really don't like Quito because it's super cold and rains a ton, plus I just don't like the big city :P It doesn't help that from Riobamba it's about 4 hours to travel by bus. We got there and were able to eat lunch then we spent the rest of the day in the hospital to do tests. Finally the Doctor was able to examine the test results. He told me that he doesn't know what's going on..... so he gave me some pills and said maybe these will help haha! I've just given up and decided that I need to suck it up and just keep working ;) 

We finally got home on Friday and were able to do a tour of the church for someone we are teaching who is preparing himself to get baptized. His name is Mario Z:) It was a really neat experience and he now knows that this church is the true church! He's having a few problems changing, as his whole family attends another church. We've been trying super hard to work with the rest of them but it's easier said than done! He understands so much, to the point that when we were in a lesson yesterday he started using the Book of Mormon to show his wife that what she was saying was wrong and that what we've been teaching is true. Please make sure to keep him in your prayers so we can help him get baptized. 

On Saturday, we were able to go out with the members to a little town called Chambo on the outskirts of Riobamba to help a family of members make Pig Pens. Basically, we had to get it all started and had to lay the foundation, which was not small by the way! We got out there at 7 am and left about 1:30 pm. We only finished half of it but I'll tell you what, I've never been so sore haha! It was most definitely worth it and the family was super happy!! Service really does pay off and brings you so much happiness!! 

Yesterday was a hard day with getting our investigators to church but we were able to get a bunch of less active members there so it was all good:) It was quite the busy week and the time just keeps going by faster and faster. I truly do love this work and I am thankful to be able to get to know so many amazing people! I hope that you all have a great week and that you can look for all of the opportunities that our Heavenly Father puts in your path to serve someone else. 

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt


Service in Chambo
(Building Pig Pens)












My New Ponch :)



Some Pictures of our Apartment - Riobamba






No comments:

Post a Comment