Thursday, March 19, 2015

Week 59

I honestly don't know where the time is going, but it is going by super fast and it needs to slow down a little bit! This week was a good one and went by super fast. It was one of the best weeks I've had since being here in Riobamba! As of right now we have a family of 5 that we are teaching but only the parents are interested. We are  also teaching the husband of a recent convert. They both should be getting baptized on the 28th of March so I'm excited for that but its going to require a lot of effort on our part! 

This past week on Wednesday, President Christensen came and we had a Zone Conference. It was nice to be able to listen to him and have him help us to  stay focused. We talked about the importance of having a good Ward Counsel and also about becoming consecrated missionaries, which is something my companion and I have been striving to get better at. 

We were able to go to a Stake activity on Saturday that was super cool. We watched some of the native dances they have here and it was great to be able to spend some time with the members and see some more of the culture. 

On Sunday I was able to do an interview for the Sister Leaders that are in my district and they should be having a baptism this week. Hermana Lindsay will end her mission with a Baptism:) We were able to have 2 people at church and quite a few less active members so it was a great week in all!

 Today we all got together at the Stake Center to have a going home party for two missionaries that are ending their missions this week. We played soccer, basketball, volleyball, and UNO. Then we went and ate pizza haha! It was a great day today!  

I really hope you can all start to prepare for General Conference in a few weeks and that you can all have a great week! I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father. I know that you all are being blessed for my sacrifices here and it gives me more motivation to give all I have to the lord. I know that through Sacrifice come the blessings of Heaven. 

I love you all and am praying for you. 
Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment