Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week 57

Wow the time is just flying by!!! It's already week 4 of this change and it seems like it's only been 1! As I've said before, time here is super weird! I've learned that the more focused I am and the harder I'm working the faster it goes! Some weeks seem like we weren't able to get much done and I know that I need to get myself on a better schedule so that I can keep up with the many tasks I have to do everyday.

This last week seemed really short and went by super fast but it was a good one as we were able to get a lot done :) To start off, we had to start finding people to teach as we were very quickly running out but with the Lords help we were able to find two new families and teach them this week:) It is going to require a lot on our part to keep them progressing and to help them receive their answer but I know that if we are diligent and work with the Lord we can do it and continue to help many people here in this area! 

On Thursday, I had the opportunity to go to Quito (about 4 hours away) for a Conference with our Mission President for the District Leaders here in the Mission. It was great to be able to see some of the missionaries that I have gotten to know here in the mission. I was able to  receive further instruction as to what I can do to become a better leader and to be able to help those in my district better. I'm not going to lie, I don't really like being in Quito as it is a really big city, but hey at least the food is good there! Speaking of which, my companion and I are going to start going hard on the exercising this week! We're both getting fat haha! It doesn't help that we have a really good Pizza and Burger place here in our sector :P 

On Saturday, we were able to have a baptism. Her name is Lesly. She is the sister of a member here in the branch and she is super great! She was so happy to finally be able to be baptized and I was happy to be able to be there and perform the ordinance for her! On sunday she was able to be confirmed and you could just see a huge difference in her and how happy she was :) We were able to get a few less active members and one of our other investigators to church so it was a pretty great day! 

It's been pretty hot here so its definitely nice as it's not humid but a dry heat. Sure makes me miss Utah!! Overall everything here has been great!Elder Lopez and I are just striving to work hard and be diligent and obedient to what the Lord wants us to do. This week I was able to study a few talks that really helped me out. They helped me to recognize what we have to do everyday in our lives. There was one quote that stated, "It is many days well lived that add up to a successful life." 

I know that what it says in Alma 37:6-7 is true "that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." If we will but focus on our daily lives and strive to do all that we can today, and to be a little bit better than we were yesterday, I know that we can achieve many things! I love you all and I am praying for you. I hope you all have a great week this week and can reach your true potential. 
Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt 


Lesly's Baptism - Elder Hunt & Elder Lopez






No comments:

Post a Comment