Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 56

Week two of my 2nd change here in good ol Riobamba. This week was a little bit crazy and went by super fast! We have been working really hard to find new people to teach. As of right now we have one investigator who is progressing and she should be able to get baptized this weekend so that's awesome :) 

It's been quite tough finding new people though! Here in the mountains people are a little bit more closed off and don't like to associate with others and there are a lot of crazy Catholics here! It's good though because once we have been able to talk more with them, they are pretty accepting. Our focus right now is contacting in the street as the people are a little more open to us than when they are in their homes. We look for families so that we can focus more on that. So far it has been good for us and slowly I'm becoming better at talking to anyone and everyone I see so that's good, although I'm pretty sure they just look at me like I'm some crazy gringo haha!! It's okay, I know that we will plant the seed in their hearts :) 

Our other focus that we have right now is to help the Branch that we are in get better at doing their visits as Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers so that we can strengthen the retention here in the Branch! We need to help them to forget about themselves and serve others. We have noticed that they rarely do their visits so we have decided to choose one companionship each week to go out with so that we can make sure that they are doing it and just try to help them get better and have the desire to do it by themselves. There is a lot that we need to help with here in the Branch! It will be hard at first but I know that it truly will pay off! 

So it's been a good experience being District Leader! I'm just trying to stay strong so that I can be able to help the Missionaries in my District. I know that the Lord has called me to a position of service. This week I really want to get better at offering more sincere prayers! Often times when I wake up in the morning, I start to pray and end up pray/sleeping for about half an hour haha! I know that even though it's hard, it's essential in our daily lives! 

I'm excited for what the Lord has prepared for me here in Riobamba and I know that through my obedience and diligence the Lord will bless me and my family! I feel my testimony growing each and every day and I know that what I am doing is the truth. It's hard sometimes but I know that although we often can't see the fruits of our labors until later that this is what the lord wants me to do! I thank you all for the love and support that I have received and continue to receive here! I pray for you all and your well being. Have a great week and don't forget "Every Member a Missionary" :) 

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment