Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 31

Well, my first week down here in the coast:) First of all I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life but hey more weight to lose right? ;) It's crazy how big of a difference there is between here and Quito! The people here are so much more welcoming and accepting of us. They are a lot more relaxed and more willing to be closer to God. But they are also more easily persuaded with the things of the world. 

There are about 5,000 members here but about 4/5 of them are less active and don't attend church. Here we have focused a lot more on the less active members and I have already met so many great people here! So in my zone we have 12 Missionaries from the States and 6 Latino Missionaries haha! We're basically over running the mission here. 

So, like I said last week my new companions name is Elder Flores and he's from Peru. He is really nice but very quiet and talks super fast. Sometimes it's extremely difficult to understand him but hey I'll learn how to listen more. 

So, we had a baptism planned for this Saturday but her dad wants her to be sure that this is the right decision and that she's not going to drop everything a few months after. I understand where he's coming from. It's better to wait a little while and be sure not to jump into something. I'm hoping the investigators we have right now can keep progressing so that we can have some more baptisms. 

The food here is really good, although this last week I have hardly even eaten but this week I actually have food in the house so that will make things better! It's basically always hot here and really humid but I like it so much more than the cold that we had in Quito. 

This week I felt like I didn't have any time to do the things I wanted to so I don't have anything to share that I was able to learn but this week I'm going to focus more on the things that are most important. I hope you all have a great week and that you all stay safe. Your all in my prayers and always in my heart! 

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment