Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 30 (1st Change - Santo Domingo)

Well.... I finally got to experience having to say goodbye to members, recent converts and investigators:( This week was one full of tears and wasn't too much fun that way but I know that it's for the best. I've grown so close to all the people that were in my ward in Manantial but I know that while I'm here in Santo Domingo I will meet new wonderful people. 

Santo Domingo is in the Coast Area and about 2 and 1/2 hours on a bus from where I was. It is so much warmer here and really humid with mosquito's but I already know I'm going to love it! My new Companions name is Elder Flores and is from Peru. I've heard the mission here and the mission in Quito are very different so I'm excited to learn a lot this change. 

This last week was full of fun and exciting events. On Wednesday we ate at a restaurant that served us soup with a lobster in it.... Just a little bit strange and something I'm not used to but hey at least it was good. We also were able to do more service on Wednesday with a new family we found. We had to put up a barbed wire fence and everything. It was quite the experience!! 

On Thursday we visited another new family we found this last week and all I can say is that I wanted to stay because they really are sooo great! Afterwards we visited Galo (member) and we were finally were able to eat Guinea Pig. It was absolutely great haha but I didn't get to kill one which was a bummer:P On Saturday we had the baptism for Gustavo. It was so great to be able to baptize him and help him out more in his life. On Sunday he was able to receive the Holy Ghost:) 

This week was a good one but it was hard to say goodbye to so many of my friends here! I love being here on my mission and everyday I am learning something new and becoming a better person. I love you all and all of the people here in Ecuador! I know that through Christ we have the only path to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that through hard work and sacrifice we can achieve the happiness and joy we all want in life. I hope you all have a great week! 

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt


Us during district meeting sending off two missionaries to their houses


Us eating Guinea Pig (it's about time)


Us eating Guinea Pig (it's about time)


Guinea Pig

Baptism of Gustavo


Baptism of Gustavo


Us with Joel & Brandon 


Us with Joel, Brandon, and family


Me eating soup with a lobster in it haha

Me eating soup with a lobster in it haha

Us with Segovia family

No comments:

Post a Comment