Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 32

So another week down here in Santo Domingo. This last week wasn't the greatest week but we ended up finding some new people to be able to teach. The weather is still hot and humid but it's great and so much better than the rain and cold! The food here is so great! The members here in this ward are great too! The only thing that is hard about this ward is that there aren't many men that can go with us to our appointments. It makes it a little  bit hard to get things done but I know that if we can strive to do the will of the Lord we will be able to do it. 

We got chewed out a little bit today for not having the best numbers but they also gave us a lot of encouragement to work harder. Elder Gonzalez, one of my Zone Leaders told us that often times as Missionaries we think that just because we're here working hard that we have sacrificed something, but work is not a sacrifice, it's a blessing! This week they have challenged us to study more about consecration so we can be more dedicated to the Lords work. 

So, this week I heard that Mike Harper, a member of my home ward passed away. It made me so sad to hear it but at the same time so thankful to our Heavenly Father that he has given us the Plan of Salvation! It makes me proud that we can be here helping those people who have suffered from losing a loved one and realize that there is hope. Death is a hard concept but like Pesident Uchtdorf said in his talk, "There really aren't true endings in this life, there are merely interruptions, temporal pauses that will one day seem small when compared to the eternal joy that await the faithful."  

I was able to study this week the conference talk given by Elder Christofferson. It talks so much about the life of Jesus Christ and all of the things that he did for us. This is the time when we need to show forth our love more than ever as Samantha and her family are having a hard time. We are all brothers and sisters and should do all that we can to help them find peace and joy in this time of hardship. I hope you all can strive to be a little bit better than you were yesterday so we can all live in the celestial kingdom in the glory of God. 

I love you all and I love my Father in Heaven and my Redeemer Jesus Christ. I know that the plan we have here in life is for our benefit and happiness but the only way we can truly do that is to dedicate our lives to him. I hope the best for all of you and hope you all have a great week! 

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment