Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 20

Well I’m glad to say that this week was a lot better than last! We had quite a bit of success this week other than we found out that a few of our investigators aren’t married :P The thing I love about serving a mission is that you get to help out so many people and you get to see all the many ways the Lord blesses us and teaches us.

This week I completed Doctrine and Covenants and wow can I say the Prophet Joseph Smith was so amazing and thanks to him we have so much! Like it says towards the end of  D&C Joseph Smith has done more for mankind than anyone else save it Jesus Christ. It is so great to be able to share the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and to help the people receive all of the blessings that are promised in the scriptures. Often times we think that we don't have time to do everything that we should, and we often times settle into our own routines, but in order to become the people we have the potential to become we have to always be progressing. 

To be honest before my mission I didn't really like reading the scriptures, I didn't always like going to church or fulfilling my calling and I never seemed to have time for prayers. I can now proudly say that I LOVE the scriptures and I only wish that I had more time to study them everyday!  I want to be at church all day on Sunday to increase my knowledge of these amazing things and I can see and feel an immense difference when I don't pray! I know that all of these things are true and I know that without them we are nothing. God asks such simple things from us. The least we can do is do them no matter what. There will always be a way to fulfill the will of the Lord like it says in 1 Nephi 3:7.  

This church is so great and like I said last week no matter how hard it gets we have to stay true! We are walking with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived! What more do we need? We have everything we need at our fingertips and we need to show our faith through our works for without them our faith is nothing. Remember doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. I love you all and hope all of the fathers had a great Fathers Day! I hope you all have a great week! 

Con mucho amor, Elder Hunt :)


Heres a picture of me in Quicentro (mall) representing the US :)

No comments:

Post a Comment