Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 19

First week down with my new companion Elder Monrroy (from Honduras). This week was easily one of the hardest weeks in my mission so far! It was very hard since I was basically senior companion and my new companion doesn't know anything about our sector yet. We didn't have very many lessons this week and a lot fell through. The good thing was that the lessons we did have were really good ones! It's so crazy how different everyone's styles of teaching are and I’m really excited to learn from Elder Monrroy because he teaches with so much love and with such clarity.

I honestly don't know why this past week was so hard but I’m pretty sure it's because I didn't have the right attitude and wasn't as obedient as I could have been. I’ve realized that even just the smallest things that we don't think even matter have such a huge effect on our lives. This week when I was down or really missing home I couldn't help  but think of the saying ¨When the going gets tough, the tough get going.¨ I also thought a lot about the conference talk or mormon message from President Hinkley when he was having such a hard time in his mission and his dad told him to forget about himself and get to work.

Not gonna lie I was being selfish this week and I need to stop worrying about myself and focus on what's more important, the people of Ecuador. How could I want to give up when I have so many amazing people here and so much support from all the people I love back at home. We often times feel like were alone, but we are never alone! We are walking with the best life this world has to offer, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. Although we have hard days/weeks it will only be but a moment. 

This week I’m really going to focus a lot on charity and service! When we lose ourselves in the service of others we can obtain everything we need and put our focus outward instead of inward. I want to invite you all to look and find opportunities to serve someone this week, whether it be big or small. This week wasn't completely rough and horrible because we finally baptized the Alajo Family who are relatives of the Salazars that we baptized a little over 2 months ago. It's so great to be able to help families receive all the blessings that come with keeping the commandments! Thank you all for all of the support you've given me and for all of your love. This is the true church and our Heavenly Father love us more than we can imagine! Along with a hard long week I have never prayed more to receive strength and when we can't stand we have to kneel and if we need it, we will be carried through our tough times. 

Elder Hunt


Elder Monrroy

Me and my companion made tacos and
 seriously the best I think I've ever had :)


Me, Elder Monrroy, and Familia Alajo  at their baptism


Me, Elder Monrroy,and Familia Alajo during our little party at their house :)



Beautiful Rainbow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment