Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 54

Changes! Well, I have completed yet another change here on my mission:) I am now with Elder Lopez from Colorado. I know that this change will be a great one! I would really like to share an activity that we as missionaries are doing this month and the next. It's called "The faith of February will bring the Miracles of March." We have been asked to make a few sacrifices to show the Lord the faith that we have in him. We have been asked to read 12 pages every days from the Book Of Mormon and mark every time  that it talks about or mentions Jesus Christ so that we can finish it before the end of March. We have also been asked to study and apply the Christ-like Attributes, hold two mission wide fasts, participate in weekly service projects in our districts, and each make a personal sacrifice. 

I was able to read in Mormon 9:15-21 about how often times we forget that our Heavenly Father is a God of Miracles. Being here in Ecuador there have been many people that have told me that God no longer performs miracles but instead they go to their pastor or church leader to perform the miracles. They truly have lost their faith in the Lord! We know that without faith God can do nothing! I know that this activity we are doing truly will bring miracles into our lives and all the people around us. I know that God truly gives us so many blessings and performs so many miracles in our lives! We just need to come unto Christ and our eyes will be opened so that we can see the miracles and blessings abound in our lives. 

I really want to focus on the faith that I have and to keep strengthening it! I want to build my faith upon the rock of Christ (Helaman 5:12). We truly do need to build a strong and reliable spiritual foundation under us to have the strength to go against the odds and what the world says. I know that if we show the Lord that we truly do have faith in him and if we prove our faith through our works, he will bless us! I would like to ask you all to consider your level of faith and set goals and make sacrifices to strengthen that faith. "For if we have faith, we have the power to do whatsoever thing is convenient unto the lord." (Moroni 7:33) 
I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment