Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Week 52 ( HALF WAY!!!!)

Well, today was a great day to start this week off! We were able to go to Chimborazo today as a Zone. It's the first time in a year that I've toughed snow and I'm sorry to tell you all this but I still hate the snow :) 

So, it's super crazy that this week I hit my one year mark here on my mission!! It makes me happy but at the same time it scares me. I now realize how fast the time that God has given us here goes by. I know that the Lord has a lot planned for me in this next year. I just need to humble myself and do what he wants me to do. I look back and see how much I truly have grown here in this past year. I'm so grateful to be able to have so many wonderful people in my life that have supported me this past year! I am truly grateful to you all for that love and support that you have given me! 

This past week was a tough one. We didn't have nearly the success that we wanted and we didn't use the time we had as wisely as we should have. I know there is more that we can do here. I know that even though it's been hard the Lord knows what we need most and he truly has prepared people for us. We just need to be more diligent and find them. I'm anxious to make this week better than the last one! 

I have really noticed that we have to help the members out a lot. There are a lot of them that really struggle with the simple, basic aspects of being members. We found a member that told us that she's almost to the point of being an Atheist again. She doesn't have a testimony of anything the missionaries taught her before:( We both felt a huge responsibility to help her achieve that testimony on her own so she can continue to not only believe in God but to love him and feel that he truly does speak to us here on earth. It's really sad to see that this is happening to her but we know that it's not what she wants to happen and that she is willing to do what we have taught her. 

It really has shown me the importance of Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers! We have these programs to find out what the members need and to help them through strengthening them with the Word of God. I want to invite you all to focus more on those families you have to visit and do what you can to help them be better people and to strengthen them. Don't just visit them because you have to, do it because you want to, and love the people you serve! We truly need to focus less inward on ourselves and more outward on other people. Just like what President Hinkley's Father said, "Forget about yourself, and go to work" I know it is true and it allows us to do Gods will. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt


YAY!!! 1 year down - 1 year to go!!!!
~Taken at Maldonada Park in Riobamba~




Add caption




The Snow Covered Chimborazo Volcano


The Snow Covered Chimborazo Volcano


Visiting The Snow Covered Chimborazo Volcano

























No comments:

Post a Comment