Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 51

Well, unlike last week I can now start out with some good news:) The bed bugs/ fleas are dead and I now have a pillow to sleep with haha :) 

So, this past week was a pretty good one. The work here is still hard but we are working hard and we are seeing the fruits of our labors. We have really been focusing on the members here as we are yet to have a Stake here in Riobamba. When I got here, the members didn't offer much help and the references we received were not of great quality. Now I'm not blaming our lack of success on them but something that I have learned here, is that missionary work without members does not usually go very well. It's just like President Hinkley said that every member needs: 
1- A Friend 
2- A Responsibility 
3- To Receive and be Strenghtened by the Word of God. 
In these steps members are crucial and essential! It's great to see that all we are doing to help them know how to share the Gospel and how to become missionaries truly does bless their lives! 

This week we were able to go and visit one of the references we received from a member. During the lesson the members were able to share experiences from their own conversion process and share their Testimony of this Gospel. It was amazing to see how much it really does help the investigators in their conversion process. I know that it is also helping the members to make their Testimonies stronger! 

Yesterday in church I was able to give a talk. I decided to talk about Humility and was able to use much of the talk given by President Uchtdorf. It really is so true how important it is to be Humble as members of the Lords Church. We often times only think of ourselves and what we want and fail to think of what the Lord wants or even what others need/want. As human beings it is very difficult to look inward and to see our own weaknesses. We often times over estimate our own abilities and under estimate those of others. Without the lords help we cannot truly see our faults and weaknesses. I love what Ammon says in Alma 26:12. We depend on the lord for everything and should be willing to do what he wants done, when he wants it. As followers of Christ we need to be humble and work as one in this great cause. I love this Gospel and I love my Father in Heaven and all that he has done for me! I know that I am far from perfect but I am trying everyday to become better than I was the day before. I know with the Lords help it is possible. I love you all and hope you all have a great day! 

Love, Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment