Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 37

Well, what a week it has been! One of the fastest/craziest weeks of my mission! So, last Sunday when we received the changes I was notified that I would be training this change. Not sure how I felt about that but it was a mix of being excited, nervous, and a feeling a bit of inadecuacy. It's always scary knowing that you'll be with someone who has no idea what the mission is like or what to do or how to even speak Spanish so everything really does depend all on you! 

I spent last Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday with my District Leader and his Companion. We weren't really able to work a whole lot in my sector just because it was hard to go back and forth. It was also interesting because I had none of my own clothes with me and had to go all the way back to my own house to shower and change clothes everyday. Over all it was an interesting three days but it was good. I was able to really see if I was ready for the challenge coming my way and it was nice to be with more gringos too :) 

So, on Wednesday me and 3 other missionaries went to Quito and let me just tell you that was not a fun ride nor do I want to go back to Quito anytime soon! It is really cold up there and the rainy season is really hitting them hard. We spent the night in the mission hotel and got to know some of the new missionaries. The next day we got up and went to the big Stake Center in Quito for our meeting with President Christensen and to be assigned our new companions. We got our new companions and headed back to our sectors, which for us meant a 3 hour bus ride :( We finally arrived back in Santo Domingo at about 9 o'clock at night so we went straight to our house to rest from our long day. 

The next day we got to meet all the new missionaries in our zone as we had district meeting. It was really good! We were able to learn about the importance of listening and asking inspired questions to be able to really understand what the investigators need in their lives. We were able to get out and visit some of our investigators afterward and try to apply what we had learned. The next day I woke up with the flu... Pretty sure my body is against me being here or is trying to set the record for the most times I can be sick. I believe what made me the most sick was going to Quito and back so fast and such a drastic change in altitude and climate. We didn't work at all on Saturday but on Sunday Camila was able to be confirmed and Alexander passed his baptismal interview so he will be baptized this coming week. It's been a crazy week but its been good. We're still working hard here we've just got to stay focused and find the people god has prepared for us here. 

I hope you all have a great week! 
Con mucho amor, 
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment