Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 29

Well, what a week it has been! I’m glad it's finally over. To start off, we had two service activities this last week and both of them were to help people move from one house to another. I love being able to do service and help the people here in Ecuador!! It was a little bit hard as there were only 6 of us there on Wednesday but it made it even harder that 2 of the missionaries didn't want to help and were always off hiding or ¨resting¨. Even though I was pretty mad and wanted to do things a missionary can't, I realized that it doesn't matter about other people as long as we are doing the things we are supposed to. 

The other service activity we had was on Saturday. This one also was quite difficult. My companion and I were the only Elders there with all of the Sister Missionaries. They help out so much and it was great but the part that was really hard was that about half of the stuff this family had weighed a lot and the Sisters couldn't lift them, that's when us men came in handy haha. In all, it was great and now I really understand the importance of using the 30 minutes of exercise we have every morning haha. 

This week we were supposed to have a baptism but our investigator fell a little so we have to wait till next week. He was really sad and only wanted to be baptized but we were able to watch an amazing video with him to help him out and now he has the motivation to stay strong this week and work hard through all the temptations. We ended up having a family and Gustavo in the church yesterday so it was a pretty good week! We're going to have to really step it up to have the success that we want. 

This week I was able to read through the talk given by President Uchdorf about being grateful and how important it is to always be grateful for all of the things we have in our lives and to realize that only God knows what we truly do need in our lives. There really is so much that we have in our lives to be grateful for and I've realized that and it's my goal to always show my gratitude to my Father in Heaven through my actions and also in my prayers. 

The challenge that I want to leave with you all this week is to read through the other conference talk he gave this last conference titled "Are we sleeping through the restoration?" This is what I will be studying this week and it's one of my favorites so I thought I would invite you all to read it too:) 

I love you all and hope you all have a great week! Don't forget that tomorrow 19th of August is my Mothers Birthday so please let her know how amazing and special she is I know she will appreciate it very much :) 

Con mucho Amor, 
Elder Hunt!!

**On August 12th Quito Ecuador had an earthquake. I e-mailed the mission Home and the let me know that all of the Missionaries were fine:) Kaiden didn't mention it in his blog e-mail but I asked him about it and this was what he said:

"Ooh yeah I was wondering if you guys would hear about it. Honestly it wasn't big at all but everyone here was freaking out because the houses suck! We were at a members house when it happened and my companion said something about the house moving but I didnt feel anything. It was only a 5.5 but I know that if one hit here that was 9.5 basically all the houses would be destroyed because of the construction. All we got here were a little bit of aftershocks - really nothing at all. Sorry it scared you and that you had no idea but I'm glad that they responded fast to your e-mail. Everything here is great dont worry :) "


                        **Picture overload**
          He's catching up for the last few weeks:)
      He didn't give picture descriptions yet though



Us in action during service project

Us in action during service project






Me and Kayler

Cool chess set I bought so me and Ian can play when I get back :)

Cool chess set I bought so me and Ian can play when I get back :)

Cool chess set I bought so me and Ian can play when I get back :)



Chicken heads and feet,
they love eating every part of the animal here haha



Popcorn with cow intestines (actually really good)

Us eating the intestines :)

 Galo playing with a cow

Galo playing with a cow

Elder Monrroy playing with a cow




Surveying and a sweet view from a members house


Surveying and a sweet view from a members house

Surveying and a sweet view from a members house



No comments:

Post a Comment