Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 13

This week has been pretty normal and has gone by pretty fast! Nothing too crazy happened other than the rain. The days here are weird and sort of similar to Utah. It's usually nice, warm, and sunny in the mornings but by the time 3 o'clock rolls around it gets cold and the rain comes :P 

As of right now we have about 10 investigators, 2 families and one lady but we’ve been working with her family too. The families that we are teaching are great and have the desires to be baptized and will be strong members in the church. The one big problem that we have down here is that most people are Catholic so they only go to church one or twice a year so it's hard to get them to really understand the importance of attending church and usually they will flake if anything comes up. The other problem we have sometimes is work on Sundays. Our one investigator Jenny  is the best and most spiritual investigator we have but she works on Sundays and can only come once or twice every 2 months. She has such a strong testimony and most of the time when we go to teach we end up being taught something too!

I’m really starting to get close to our investigators and members in our ward. Our family of Recent Converts are doing really well also and we’ve been teaching them about Temples and the Covenants we make in the Temple. They have a strong desire to be able to go after their year is up and be sealed as a family. They really like the part about being able to baptize their family members who are dead. I want to invite you all to do something most people here can't do very often, attend the temple as much as you can! Where we have so many temples so close to us in Utah often times we take them for granted but when we are attending the temple we are living the lives god wants us to. I sure wish I could go whenever I want right now but I can't wait to be able to get back and go and be sealed to my future family! 

I love the temple and know that it is the closest that we can be to God on this whole earth. Thank you all for everything you do, especially for my family! I love you all and most of all I love my Father in Heaven and his work. I know this church is true and that this is the only church that we can gain eternal life and eternal families. Dios les bendiga :) Con amor, 
Elder Kaiden Mckay Hunt

Sorry! No pictures this week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment