Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 12

Today was the day of changes. We received the news of who's leaving and who's staying lastnight. I had no idea what was going to happen but Elder Brough and I are both staying here as companions for another change but he's district leader now. A lot of changes were made in our zone and I now have the opportunity to meet more missionaries. 

This last week was kind of crazy for a lot of reasons but it was also a good one. Down here they don't celebrate Easter but they have Semana Santa. Basically they just do family stuff and travel and the Catholic church has a bunch of parades. It was interesting haha! On saturday and Sunday we had stake conference and it was specifically for Ecuador. Elder Holland and Elder Scott talked and a few other members from the area 70's. It was all in spanish but I could understand pretty much everything. Elder Holland tried to speak spanish throughout his talk and he knew the words, but his accent was horrible. It was funny! We were all able to learn a lot and it was great to be able to listen to them speak again. 

The spanish is coming along more and more everyday but during this change I’m really going to focus on improving my Spanish. The food down here is good and I’m starting to crave rice now which isn't good haha! Nothing else too crazy has happened like last week. I hope all of you had a great Easter and I hope you all are doing good. 

I want to share some scriptures with you that I found in my studies this week. D&C 88:63-64,118-119,123-126. I really liked these scriptures and thought I would share them with all of you :) Thanks for all the support, love and prayers.Les amo todo de ustedes y yo se que por medio de oraciones,podemos recibir la fuerza que necesitemos para cumplir las cosas y conquistar las pruebas en nuestras vidas. Dios les bendiga. Con amor, Elder Kaiden Mckay Hunt


No bake cookies that we made with some members


 This dish is called Fonesca. Everyone eats this during Semana Santa 
which is basically Easter down here. 
It was better than it looks and yes thats the back end of a fish that I had to eat :P


Me and our District Leader eating Fonesca during our divisions


No comments:

Post a Comment