Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 41

It's crazy how close I am getting to completing a year here in the mission! It's a great feeling but at the same time it scares me as there are still many things that I want to get better at and change to help the people around me. 

This past week, my Companion and I had to travel to Quito for a verification meeting with President Christensen. Lets just say that I don't love that trip.... I don't miss being in Quito. It was nice to be able to see President Christensen again. He really is such an amazing Servant of the Lord! He has so much love for all the missionaries here in our mission. He really is doing so much to help us reach our true potential so that we can help as many people as we can here in Ecuador. 

We were going to go visit the Tsachilas (An Indiginous Indian Tribe here), but we didn't get permission so were played soccer again. The love that I once had for soccer has greatly decreased while being here on the mission as now every time I play, all I get out of it is being super sore for 3 days.

This last week we were able to get 6 people at church. Family Espinosa (2), Family Zambrano (2, Parents of Alexander and Estiben), Lulu and Alejandra (Grand daughters of a less active member who we have reactivated). What we are really trying to focus on now is getting our recent Converts and Investigators to the point where they have friends in the church so that when we leave they don't go inactive. 

This last week we did a family home evening with Family Zambrano and Family Zhingre to help F. Zambrano meet more friends and to have an example of why they should get married. On Saturday we had the baptism of Rosa. It was great to finally baptize her!  I'm really excited to finally baptize a family! Although we are having success, there is much more that we can be doing and more people that need our help in their lives. I truly do love this work and the blessings we receive while making sacrifices in our own lives for the Lord. I hope you all have a great week! I can truly feel the love that God has for each and every one of you! 

It saddens me to hear about all of the deaths that have been occurring back at home! Please make sure that if you know of someone that has suffered something like that to reach out to them! President Monson said in his talk last spring "Although tomorrow you may forget the words you say or things you do for someone, they may cherish them for a lifetime." Show forth the true love of Christ. I love you all and wish the best for you!

Con Mucho Amor, 
Elder Hunt

Baptism of Andres

 Baptism of Rosa with Estiben and Alexander

The Sanchez Family put their Christmas tree up already :) haha



Me and my Zone Leader Elder Lopéz after soccer



Sweet sunset we had the other day


Sweet sunset we had the other day
 

 
My favorite fruit here called Guanabana :)


My favorite fruit here called Guanabana :)


No comments:

Post a Comment